Most clients find that an assessment of their current situation and development of a roadmap is the best way to start a consulting engagement.
Contact me to refine the scope for your needs.
- Get credit for your achievements to date - IT is probably already doing some green activities. Measuring IT's contribution will count toward your organization's carbon reduction plan. The details of the activities often provide compelling stories to share with stakeholders.
- Maximize your current investments - Many IT shops have not leveraged the full environmental benefits of products already purchased.
- Develop your best financial and environmental projects - The goal is to develop a portfolio of green projects that satisfy your organization's financial hurdles.
- Encourage green behavior - Provide apps and services to help business partners be greener in their activities such as better handling of toxic materials & more efficient use of natural resources.
- Ensure that your change effort avoids the fate of the 70% that fail - There is no point in deploying if the change will not take or will not persist.
1. IT Infrastructure
- Data centers, labs, and other IT equipment account for 2 to 3% of all energy used and is the fastest growing segment. In addition to energy savings, most organizations realize significant cost reductions and improved service.
- Business Applications – A business process that wastes natural resources also wastes money. Enhancing efficiency of your supply chain, sales, logistics and other business processes can be both green and profitable.
- Dematerialization – Transforming the physical world into the virtual is one other way that IT has helped to make the world greener. Virtualization reduces costs and provides exciting new services, whether paper to electronic, retail to e-commerce, or travel to telepresence.
- Engagement – Harness enthusiasm to engage your colleagues and stakeholders to act now and going forward. Building personalized apps to engage employees, customers and stakeholders can build a community of delighted supporters for your organization. Move beyond metrics to personalized feedback that sustains the change
- Manage Inputs – Adding a sustainability view will require that we manage the internet of things – devices and sensors --- and troll "big data" to uncover the best green opportunities.
- Complex, unclear, and time-consuming processes prevent use. Review the processes and systems proposed to ensure that change is simple and convenient. Take a standard and typically forgettable corporate message and turn it into a sticky message that engages both the head and heart.