- Wood burning is a serious contributor to air pollution.
- Wood burning is highly correlated to lung and other related illnesses.
- Wood burning affects non-burners even indoors.
You can take action today and make a significant contribution to cleaning the air. Fortunately there is little cost to eliminate this hazard, just stop burning wood. What could be simpler?
- If you burn wood but enjoy the ambiance, then switch to gas. Gas is 3,000 times cleaner than burning wood.
- If you don't burn wood, then educate your neighbors who do. Support legislation that limits wood burning.